If you’re turning 65 soon and going on Medicare or already on Medicare, we can consult you on what Original Medicare covers as well as the gaps that exist, and how to cover those gaps with the best Medigap plan. Medigap is also known as Medicare Supplement insurance.
Our insurance agency is a nationwide, independent insurance agency and we are in the business of helping boomers and seniors protect their assets with the right coverage.
The Medicare Basics:
Original Medicare is referred to as Part A and Part B. Medicare Part A pays 80% of your hospital related expenses. Medicare Part B pays 80% of your doctor/physician related expenses.
If you want more coverage than just the 80% under Part A and B, for example… coverage of the other 20% Medicare coinsurance and Medicare deductibles, you have 2 main ways of doing that. Our agency can help you with either of these options and our service as an independent insurance agency is free to you, as we get compensated by the insurance company.
A quick look at the 2 main ways of getting your Medicare coverage
- Part A (pays 80% hospital expenses), Part B (pays 80% doctor expenses), add a Medigap plan (pays the 20% coinsurance and Medicare deductibles) as well as add a Part D Rx plan. (Insurance plan to help with your prescription drug costs.)
- Enroll in Part C (also known as Medicare Advantage), which is a plan that has Medicare Part A, B, and typically Part D all included… kind of like an all in one-plan. (These plans are offered by many companies, such as Humana for example, but they are not Medicare Supplement plans. You leave the protections of regular Medicare, and you agree to get all of your Medicare Part A and B benefits directly from the insurance company, not Medicare.)
We recommend option number 1 from above. Medigap insurance plans, sold by private companies, can help pay some of the remaining health care costs, like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles. We can help you find the best Medigap plan for your needs and budget.
There are 11 Standardized Medigap plans (includes high-deductible Plan F) that you can buy in the country (2018_Medigap Plan Chart) and any insurance company that sells Medigap insurance plans, can only sell these plans. That means the benefits of the Medigap plan you’re comparing and how that plan pays with Medicare, would be the same with any company that sells the plan… the only difference being the rates or premium. Plus, you get to keep your doctors with any Medigap plan, regardless of the company. This is not the case with Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans.
Here’s what you can expect from any standardized Medicare supplement insurance plan offered by us:
- Immediate coverage; no waiting period for preexisting conditions
- Low out-of-pocket costs
- No provider networks; choose your own doctors and hospitals
- Quick payment of claims; rarely receive a bill for covered services
- Guaranteed renewable coverage
- Emergency care anywhere in the world (only available with certain plans)
- Household discount may be available
Why Choose us? Cost and customer service… it’s what sets us apart.
Since all Medigap insurance plans are identified by letters A through N and each standardized policy must contain the same basic benefits no matter which insurance company sells it… that means that the difference comes down to cost and customer service. With us and any insurance company we offer, you get a Medigap plan that’s right for you at a price that’s hard to beat. You also benefit from outstanding service provided by an insurance agency that values your business not only in the first year, but each year after that too.
Complement your Medicare coverage with the best Medigap plan for your situation. Our agency is licensed and approved and in just one phone call this is what you can expect, we can:
- Walk you through every standardized Medicare Supplement insurance plan and benefits (11 Standardized Medigap plans nationwide)
- Help you find the plan to fit your needs and budget
- Answer any questions you might have about Medicare and Medicare Supplement insurance coverage
- And if you’re ready to enroll, we can even sign you up over the phone, email or though the mail
When You can Apply for Medigap (Medicare Supplement Insurance)
You can apply for a Medigap insurance policy just about any time you’re eligible for Medicare and enrolled in Medicare part B, including when:
- You’re in your open enrollment period
- You’re past your open enrollment period as long as you don’t have other coverage
- You want a Medicare supplement plan with a lower premium
- You leave your Medicare Advantage/Private Fee for Service plan
- Your employer discontinues its group retiree health coverage
The absolute best time to buy a Medigap plan is during your Medigap Open Enrollment period. Your open enrollment period lasts for six months and begins on the first day of the month in which you’re both age 65 or older and enrolled in Medicare Part B (some states may have additional open enrollment rights under state law). During the period, an insurance company cannot use medical underwriting. This means you’re in a guaranteed issue situation and the company cannot:
- Refuse to sell you any Medicare supplement insurance policy it sells
- Make you wait for coverage to start (except in limited circumstances)
- Charge you more for a Medicare supplement insurance policy because of any past or present health conditions
Please allow me the opportunity to provide the information you need so that you can choose the best Medigap plan that fits your needs and budget. If you like the idea of having an agent that you know personally, treats you like family, specializes in Medicare and supplemental insurance coverage and will look after your needs each and every year… then please contact me.
Buy Best Medigap Plan